Devine Fury
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EPGP Explaination simplified

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lifestream
Admin
Lifestream

EPGP Explaination simplified Empty
PostSubject: EPGP Explaination simplified   EPGP Explaination simplified Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 1:57 pm

EPGP Simplified

I am getting quite a bit of tells from people asking me about how EP and GP work and the explanation explained nothing to them. Well this post is here to simplify the system so you can understand it fully.

EP=Effort points which are earned in a myriad of ways including boss downing, boss attempts, Being on early for raids, coming prepared, Etc... EP can also be earned/Lost at the raid leaders discretion, within reason of course.

GP=Gear points, which are obtained by "Purchasing" an item that drops. YOU CAN NEVER NOT HAVE THE GP TO PURCHASE AN ITEM. GP Goes up when spent, not down.

PR= Priority Rating. Primarily for use when we start 25 mans this is calculated by dividing your EP by your GP. PR is used when there is more then 1 person wanting an item the player with the highest EP will receive the item.

Even if you have Zero EP/GP you can still roll on items and when/If you receive it you will be credited the correct amount of GP.

Never be afraid to ask for an item because you think you dont have the points or dont want to lower your PR rating, if its an upgrade roll for it.

I will extend this as needed, i am just unsure of what all needs explaining, if you have any questions you still need answered please post here or PM me.
Back to top Go down
http://devinefury.wowwars.net
Keldar

Keldar

PostSubject: Re: EPGP Explaination simplified   EPGP Explaination simplified Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 3:23 pm

How often with EP/GP be reset? I only ask this because the GP will build up, and being like 21000,17289 will be kind of hectic to keep track of.
Back to top Go down
Mintellcha

PostSubject: Re: EPGP Explaination simplified   EPGP Explaination simplified Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 6:13 pm

I think I understand it now, thanks man.
Back to top Go down
Lifestream
Admin
Lifestream

PostSubject: Re: EPGP Explaination simplified   EPGP Explaination simplified Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 1:57 am

EP and GP decay 10% on a per week (each Tuesday or Friday haven't decided yet) since it is 10% not a specific number your Priority rating remains the same but it allows for people who have received a lot of gear to have a chance of recovery. and since like before it is a percent not a specific number it will not affect the rankings at all.
Back to top Go down
Yggdrassil

PostSubject: Re: EPGP Explaination simplified   EPGP Explaination simplified Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:20 am

so EP doesnt affect rolling/looting an item u can use? only GP gets affected? so like if i have no EP/GP and i roll on a item and i get it then my score goes to 0,w.e right?
Back to top Go down
Lifestream
Admin
Lifestream

PostSubject: Re: EPGP Explaination simplified   EPGP Explaination simplified Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:28 am

You can roll even if you have zero anything.
it just makes it harder to raise your priority raiding which will come in effect on items like T4 and such.
PR rating is you EP Divided by PR.
you need no PR or EP to roll. but if you have none it makes it harder to get any t4 and rare stuff ( Shard of the virtuous, Kings defender ETC.
Back to top Go down
Yggdrassil

PostSubject: Re: EPGP Explaination simplified   EPGP Explaination simplified Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:30 am

ah okay i get it, thanks Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Lifestream
Admin
Lifestream

PostSubject: Re: EPGP Explaination simplified   EPGP Explaination simplified Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:31 am

No problem
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EPGP Explaination simplified   EPGP Explaination simplified Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EPGP Explaination simplified
Page 1 of 1